I work for one of the large medical device manufacturers in designing class II and class III electronic surgical consoles. I do everything from hardware design, to board bring-up/manufacturing, to software development.
I design various devices, mostly based on ARM processors, that are network and integrate with each-other. I am interested in a more connected world with an emphasis on security.
areas of expertise
- Medical device development (IEC 62304, IEC 60601, ISO 13485)
- RTOS-based design (Green Hills Software Integrity, FreeRTOS/SafeRTOS, RTX)
- ARM architecture (Cortex-M0,M3,M4,A9)
- Embedded microcontrollers (ATMEL AVR, TI MSP430, 8051, PIC)
- Electronics design (Schematics, PCB Layout, Release to manufacturing, DMF analysis)
- Software development (C/C++/ASM on ARM, x86, amd64 using GHS MULTI, GCC, LLVM, KEIL MDK, IAR)
- USB devices (using Cypress EX controllers or software stacks)
- FPGA-based logic (employing Xilinx SPARTAN3,6, Virtex 4, ISE tools)
- Network programming (TCP/UDP on embedded stacks to full multithreaded BSD/Linux systems)
- Ph.D. Engineering Science, The Pennsylvania State University
- B.S. Computer Engineering, George Mason University